There is no 9-1-1 for pets
Learn Pet First Aid is a class that is intended for anyone that is interested in caring for their pet during an emergency. The class is intended for dog and cat lovers with little to no pet first aid experience. This class is fun and informative for teens and adults with plenty of individual instructor time. Students will learn in a classroom environment and have the opportunity to practice various hands on skills with mannequins and live animals. The class is scheduled in sections and has about 5 to 6 hours of instruction including practical skills. Students will also get information to take home to help them prepare for an emergency or a disaster for their dog or cat.
Some of the skills and information that students will learn include:
- Personal safety
- How to restrain a sick or injured animal.
- How to help a choking dog or cat.
- How to check a pulse on a dog or cat.
- Pet CPR
- How to do a physical assessment (snout to tail)
- Various common pet illnesses or conditions.
- What to do in poison emergencies.
- What to put in a pet first aid kit & pet disaster kit.
- Disaster preparedness for your pet.
Learn Pet First Aid is taught to the American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) guidelines and each student will get an ASHI book and completion card. The ASHI Pet First Aid program has the ASPCA seal of approval.
Private classes are available for clubs or groups with an 8 person minimum. We can come to your location and help make the class fit your needs.
Please visit the Calendar page for upcoming classes, the Sign Up page to register for a class, or contact us at email@example.com for more information.